March 25, 2011
For sore muscles:
Rub PanAway into sore muscles to relieve the pain. The active ingredients in PanAway are stronger than the ones in Ben Gay and totally natural. Remember, the oil blend is hot so dilute with a pure vegetable oil and be sure to NOT touch any sensitive areas afterwards.
For shin splints:
Shin splints result from the continued punding of feet on a hard surface like a floor or running area. I was guaranteed to get them every spring during lacrosse practice, especially early in the season. There is very little that can be done for shin spilints, but I would suggest trying the following: Balsam Fir with Copaiba. Copaiba is highly anti-inflammatory and extreremly calming (it's also one of my favorite oils). I would also suggest BLM for bones, ligaments and muscles. I had been told in high school that shin splints were caused by the muscle separating from the bone. BLM will suppor healthy bone, ligament and muscle function.
Keep the body healthy: Aside from being sure to drink a lot of water, adding NingXia Red is a great way to repenish all those vitamins and minerals lost during working up a sweat. It has a low glycemic index so you don't have to worry about "sugaring up" your kids after a good healthy sports work out.
This information is for educational purposes and is not intended to treat, diagnose, or evaluate any medical condition or replace and professional medical information.
March 12, 2011
March 6, 2011
Thieves oil- apply directly to the cold sore on my lip as soon as I feel it coming on.
Longevity supplement- first I have to say that I love taking this and I love all that it does. The blend of oils in here: Frankincense (a general cure-all, anti-depressant, immune stimulant and anti-tumoral), Orange (limonene in orange oil inhibits and regresses cancer), Thyme (fends off bronchial attacks) and Clove (highest ranked anti-oxidant on Earth) all work together to rebuild what my own stress and lack of sleep have taken away.
Life 5- typically I don't have a lot of digestive issues, but I do know that stress can lead to an upset stomach and an imbalance in the natural and healthy bacteria stored in our digestive systems. These bacteria regulate our bodies. When they are off, it can lead to many things, including yeast infections.
As for the eye infection. There are no oils I can apply directly to my eyes (oils should not go in the eyes) but I recently learned that NingXia Red is loaded with lutein which is great for eye health. One of my goals for the spring season is to include more NR into my diet, espeically during times I can't help but burn the candle at both ends.
And to round it all out- sleep. Sleep is required for the body to maintain helath and repair itself and replenish. I'm sure I need more of it on a regualr basis, and therin lies another goal.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. This information is for educational purposes only.
March 1, 2011
Sadly, or perhaps not as I haven't really decided yet, it's been a while since I've posted here. I should probably start by mentioning that one should be careful of what one wishes for and using Abundance at the same time. I've been away from this site because I've been in a place of Abundance in my life. Busy with writing, being involved in various school activities, and doing my best to take care of my family. In those times, I've been able to share my passion for Young Living as well, but have not been adding to this site.
Well, I'm back and using my beloved oils to give me strength, inspiration, and good health. That said, I received the below several weeks ago and love Frankincense so much I thought it would be a good piece to use to start. I've used Frankincense for everything from killing germs to fighting eczema to spiritual focus and most recently to help strengthen my nails. The winter is really tough on them and after having gel on them for 6 months, they need a little love.
So, here are some wonderful facts about Frankincense and all the ways it can be used and is beneficial. I originally tried it for one use, and ended up using it for something else, so you just never know. But it smells wonderful and I just really love it- plain and simple.
FRANKINCENSE (Boswellia carteri) was well known during the time of Christ as a treatment for a range of ailments. In fact, it is mentioned in one of the oldest known medical records, Ebers Papyrus, which lists frankincense in hundreds of prescriptions and recipes. It was considered more valuable than gold in ancient times and used to treat every known ill to man. It’s known for it’s antitumoral, immunostimulant, antidepressant, and muscle relaxing benefits. As well as stimulating to the limbic system of the brain and the hypothalamus, pineal, and pituitary glands.
How to use Frankincense:
In diffuser therapy, frankincense can be used for congestion and voice loss, as well as to calm the mind, reduce mental strain, and cultivate internal peace.
Frankincense can be blended with massage oil or diluted in the bath for circulatory support, respiratory support, exhaustion, and nightmares. It also has a good astringent effect on the skin; perks up older, more mature skin; and may assist the body in healing itself of wounds, sores, and ulcers.*
Creams and Lotions:
Frankincense can be added to a base cream or lotion to help with general skin tone and condition while reducing oily skin and rejuvenating more mature skin. In my house it has proven the most helpful to relieve eczema.
1. Concentration: use 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on temples and back of neck to improve concentration.
2. Immune System: apply 1-3 drops Frankincense oil on each foot to strengthen the immune system.
3. Blisters: dilute Frankincense oil 50/50 with pure vegetable oil and apply to a blistered area 3-5 times daily.
4. Insect Bites: put a drop of Frankincense oil on an insect bite to help reduce swelling and speed healing.
5. Depression: diffuse or inhale from the bottle to help with mood elevation.
6. Brittle Nails: apply 1-3 drops Frankincense on nails and at base of nails, 3 times per week.
7. Stretch Marks: rub a few drops on stretch marks 2 times a day.
8. Cysts: apply 1-2 drops on cyst 2 times a day until it disappears.
9. Skin Health: apply 1-2 drops Frankincense oil on sun damaged skin spots 2 times a day until it disappears.
10. Warts: put 2 drops on wart 2 times a day until disappears completely. Thieves also works on warts.
11. Breast Health: rub 2-3 drops on breasts and lower abdomen everyday.
12. Healthy Maintenance: dilute 1 drop Frankincense oil in 1tsp. honey or 4 oz. rice milk and ingest daily for health maintenance.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.